ASU undrafted free agent Burfict signs with Bengals
Former Arizona State University linebacker Vontaze Burfict has signed a free agent contract with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Previously thought of as a first round draft choice, Burfict went undrafted after reportedly failing a drug test, along with other behavioral issues off the field.
Burfict also registered a 4.9 in the 40, the slowest of all linebackers at the combine.
The Bengals did not draft a linebacker this year, and could use depth at the position behind Rey Maualuga.
Burfict spent the last few weeks before the draft trying to revamp his reputation, but did not hear his name called over the weekend at the draft.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works