Updated May 4, 2012 - 3:25 pm
Jaworski shares thoughts on Foles, Osweiler
That year it was Wildcats' QB Eddie Wilson taken by the Detroit Lions in the 2nd round while ASU slinger Joe Zuger was taken in the 18th round -- also by the Lions.
This year, it was ASU's Brock Osweiler taken in the 2nd round by the Denver Broncos and U of A's Nick Foles being snapped up by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 3rd round.
Former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski joined Burns & Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 Friday to share his analysis of both young quarterbacks. The former Eagle wasn't all that enamored with the new Eagle in the pre- draft evaluation process.
"I was not that high (on him)," Jaworski said. "I kind of had Nick and a bunch of guys that were in a 'developmental' bunch of quarterbacks that went in the third and fourth rounds.
"He's probably in the right spot. The one thing about (Eagles coach) Andy Reid, he has a great feel for the quarterback position."
Foles put up impressive numbers in Tucson, throwing for 10,068 yards and 67 touchdowns in two-plus years as a starter. But Jaworski feels like there's something missing.
Osweiler's selection by Denver drew a much different reaction from Jaworski.
"I think the guy is going to be a starter," he said. "What an ideal situation to be in -- to back up Peyton Manning, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time -- I think is an ideal situation.
"I love when a guy can sit and learn from a wily old veteran. Learn not only to play the position but how to be a pro and how to act on the field as well as off the field. What a great guy to learn from."
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was