Updated May 4, 2012 - 3:25 pm
Jaworski shares thoughts on Foles, Osweiler
That year it was Wildcats' QB Eddie Wilson taken by the Detroit Lions in the 2nd round while ASU slinger Joe Zuger was taken in the 18th round -- also by the Lions.
This year, it was ASU's Brock Osweiler taken in the 2nd round by the Denver Broncos and U of A's Nick Foles being snapped up by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 3rd round.
Former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski joined Burns & Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 Friday to share his analysis of both young quarterbacks. The former Eagle wasn't all that enamored with the new Eagle in the pre- draft evaluation process.
"I was not that high (on him)," Jaworski said. "I kind of had Nick and a bunch of guys that were in a 'developmental' bunch of quarterbacks that went in the third and fourth rounds.
"He's probably in the right spot. The one thing about (Eagles coach) Andy Reid, he has a great feel for the quarterback position."
Foles put up impressive numbers in Tucson, throwing for 10,068 yards and 67 touchdowns in two-plus years as a starter. But Jaworski feels like there's something missing.
Osweiler's selection by Denver drew a much different reaction from Jaworski.
"I think the guy is going to be a starter," he said. "What an ideal situation to be in -- to back up Peyton Manning, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time -- I think is an ideal situation.
"I love when a guy can sit and learn from a wily old veteran. Learn not only to play the position but how to be a pro and how to act on the field as well as off the field. What a great guy to learn from."
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.