Updated May 4, 2012 - 3:25 pm
Jaworski shares thoughts on Foles, Osweiler
That year it was Wildcats' QB Eddie Wilson taken by the Detroit Lions in the 2nd round while ASU slinger Joe Zuger was taken in the 18th round -- also by the Lions.
This year, it was ASU's Brock Osweiler taken in the 2nd round by the Denver Broncos and U of A's Nick Foles being snapped up by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 3rd round.
Former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski joined Burns & Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 Friday to share his analysis of both young quarterbacks. The former Eagle wasn't all that enamored with the new Eagle in the pre- draft evaluation process.
"I was not that high (on him)," Jaworski said. "I kind of had Nick and a bunch of guys that were in a 'developmental' bunch of quarterbacks that went in the third and fourth rounds.
"He's probably in the right spot. The one thing about (Eagles coach) Andy Reid, he has a great feel for the quarterback position."
Foles put up impressive numbers in Tucson, throwing for 10,068 yards and 67 touchdowns in two-plus years as a starter. But Jaworski feels like there's something missing.
Osweiler's selection by Denver drew a much different reaction from Jaworski.
"I think the guy is going to be a starter," he said. "What an ideal situation to be in -- to back up Peyton Manning, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time -- I think is an ideal situation.
"I love when a guy can sit and learn from a wily old veteran. Learn not only to play the position but how to be a pro and how to act on the field as well as off the field. What a great guy to learn from."
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.