ASU A.D. optimistic about return to Tontozona
The Sun Devils practiced and scrimmaged at the Payson, AZ site from 1960-2008, and the place is special in the hearts of many in Tempe.
But, like most things these days, a return to Camp T. would only happen if the necessary funds were accumulated, and in this case, the school was looking for $150,000 in donations by June 1.
At the close of business Monday, May 7th, donations had reached $48,249.
"I think we've got a great chance to get to Tontozona," new ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "I'm excited to see the way the White Mountain folks have stepped up, I'm excited to see the way our fans here have stepped up."
Patterson is confident that the school will not only be able to get back this year, but make the necessary improvements to the facility so that they can make it an annual trip once again.
"I think it's got a lot of great tradition, great history," Patterson said. "[Head coach Todd Graham] felt convinced it's a great opportunity to have a bonding experience for the football team."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du