Graham: Bercovici has slight edge at QB
But Wednesday, Graham offered some insight as to how the wide-open quarterback battle is shaping up for the Sun Devils.
The head coach was asked during a fan forum conference call Wednesday night about whether he'd ever consider using a two-quarterback system seeing as how candidates Mike Bercovici, Michael Eubank and Taylor Kelly offer different strengths.
"But this thing is really close. We have talked about that as a staff, that we could possibly use two. If you look at the skill set of each quarterback is so different. Mike has an unbelievable arm. Taylor is unbelievable as an operator -- he does everything right and doesn't turn over the football. He manages the game tremendously. And then you've got Michael Eubank, who's just a playmaker and has unbelievable potential."
So while it sounds entirely possible that the Sun Devils will use more than one signal caller in their season opener against Northern Arizona in early September, Graham is looking for one of the candidates to grab the bull by the horns.
"I think it's really important that we have a leader emerge at quarterback," he said. "That position is so vital. From an intangible standpoint, not just passing the ball, or handing the ball off or operating the physical attributes of a quarterback, but it's the leadership that I think is really, really important."
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works