ASU football nearing return to Camp Tontozona
The Sun Devils are expected to announce the return of its football squad to Camp Tontozona, where the team previously held training for 48 years.
"Camp T is coming well," ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "We're close. I think we can get there by the end of the week."
ASU launched the "Return to Camp T" campaign on April 19 and have asked fans and alumni to help contribute to the $150,000 needed to make the Sun Devils return to Tontozona this summer possible.
"It's been good to see people step up," Patterson said. "It's been interesting to see some that haven't. But for the most part, we feel really good about our fans that have stepped up and tried to make it happen.
"I think it's a great tradition in Tontozona and we want to try to continue to improve the facilities up there and see all our friends up there in Payson, including the mayor and everybody else that's helped make this happen."
The Sun Devils last trained at Tontozona in 2007 under former coach Dennis Erickson.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.