Little Mermaid diving into 'Once Upon a Time'
SAN DIEGO (AP) - The Little Mermaid is going to be part of the "Once Upon a Time" world.
The revelation that Ariel is swimming around Storybrooke was teased in a video at the conclusion of the ABC fairytale drama's Saturday morning Comic-Con presentation. The clip featured glimpses of a red head snatching a fork away from dwarf Grumpy, ditching a blue dress, diving into the ocean and flapping a mermaid tail.
Colin O'Donoghue's Captain Hook was introduced in a similar fashion at last year's pop-culture convention. O'Donoghue and "Once Upon a Time" actors Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, Lana Parrilla, Emilie de Ravin, Robert Carlyle and Colin O'Donoghue were joined by show creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz on the panel.
The upcoming third season will feature several of their characters traveling to Neverland.
"It's been a lot of fun," Parrilla said of shooting scenes on the show's rendition of the Jolly Roger. "It's been rocky, but it's been fun."
Kitsis and Horowitz promised fans they would meet Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, but they would- like most of the show's takes on classic fairytale characters- be very different.
"Peter Pan has got a complicated motivation," Horowitz said. "It's a little bit different than you've seen before."
The third season of "Once Upon a Time" will be split, with 11 episodes airing in the fall and another 11 installments in the spring.
AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang is tweeting from Comic-Con at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.