Little Mermaid diving into 'Once Upon a Time'
SAN DIEGO (AP) - The Little Mermaid is going to be part of the "Once Upon a Time" world.
The revelation that Ariel is swimming around Storybrooke was teased in a video at the conclusion of the ABC fairytale drama's Saturday morning Comic-Con presentation. The clip featured glimpses of a red head snatching a fork away from dwarf Grumpy, ditching a blue dress, diving into the ocean and flapping a mermaid tail.
Colin O'Donoghue's Captain Hook was introduced in a similar fashion at last year's pop-culture convention. O'Donoghue and "Once Upon a Time" actors Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, Lana Parrilla, Emilie de Ravin, Robert Carlyle and Colin O'Donoghue were joined by show creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz on the panel.
The upcoming third season will feature several of their characters traveling to Neverland.
"It's been a lot of fun," Parrilla said of shooting scenes on the show's rendition of the Jolly Roger. "It's been rocky, but it's been fun."
Kitsis and Horowitz promised fans they would meet Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, but they would- like most of the show's takes on classic fairytale characters- be very different.
"Peter Pan has got a complicated motivation," Horowitz said. "It's a little bit different than you've seen before."
The third season of "Once Upon a Time" will be split, with 11 episodes airing in the fall and another 11 installments in the spring.
AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang is tweeting from Comic-Con at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.