Shoulder injury ends ASU CB Spann's season
Im gonna miss this game i love soo much— 24/7 Dre,Snoop&DEVAN (@DevanTheDudee) August 6, 2012
Considering Spann missed the 2011 season with a shoulder injury, one could certainly read between the lines.
The message became a lot less cryptic Tuesday when ASU head coach Todd Graham announced the bad news.
"He's definitely out," Graham said. "He's a guy that could help us, it hurts us big time. He's a guy who I think definitely would have started in the dime package, definitely been the third or fourth corner for us.
"In his best interest, the doctors felt that he couldn't do it. But he's still part of our team -- he's going to be basically a student coach."
Spann was part of Dennis Erickson's 2010 recruiting class and was rated the 74th best cornerback prospect in the nation by Rivals.com coming out of Juniperro Serra High School in Gardena, California.
Spann redshirted as a freshman in 2010 and never played a down for ASU due to the shoulder issues that have bothered him for much of his time in Tempe.
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works