Shoulder injury ends ASU CB Spann's season
Im gonna miss this game i love soo much— 24/7 Dre,Snoop&DEVAN (@DevanTheDudee) August 6, 2012
Considering Spann missed the 2011 season with a shoulder injury, one could certainly read between the lines.
The message became a lot less cryptic Tuesday when ASU head coach Todd Graham announced the bad news.
"He's definitely out," Graham said. "He's a guy that could help us, it hurts us big time. He's a guy who I think definitely would have started in the dime package, definitely been the third or fourth corner for us.
"In his best interest, the doctors felt that he couldn't do it. But he's still part of our team -- he's going to be basically a student coach."
Spann was part of Dennis Erickson's 2010 recruiting class and was rated the 74th best cornerback prospect in the nation by Rivals.com coming out of Juniperro Serra High School in Gardena, California.
Spann redshirted as a freshman in 2010 and never played a down for ASU due to the shoulder issues that have bothered him for much of his time in Tempe.
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du