ASU gets recognition in "The Herbies"
For the last 12 years, Herbstreit has doled out his preseason awards in categories like best running backs, top wide receivers, best pocket passers, best dual-threat quarterbacks and more.
And it's in some of the other categories where Arizona State gets consideration. In the category of "Shhhhh, Don't Tell: Best-Kept Secrets", ASU running back Cameron Marshall is third on the list behind Michigan State running back Le'Veon Bell and North Carolina running back Giovani Bernard. Marshall tied for the Pac-12 lead with 18 rushing touchdowns a year ago with very little fanfare.
Senior wide receiver Jamal Miles got recognition in two categories. First, in the "Don't Turn Your Back: Backyard Football" category, Miles ranked third behind Virginia Tech cornerback Kyle Fuller and Wisconsin receiver/return man Jared Abbrederis.
Miles also got on the "Ouch! The Ankle Breakers" list, which also included Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson, Oregon's Kenjon Barner and USC star receiver Robert Woods.
Last season, Miles was the only player in the country to have a touchdown receiving, on a kick return and a punt return and also threw a touchdown pass.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.