ASU's Graham CBS Sports' Pac-12 Coach of the Week
But Jon Gold over at CBS Sports will be giving out his own weekly award for the conference's sideline bosses, and Arizona State's Todd Graham won the unofficial honor in Week 1 after his Sun Devils trounced Northern Arizona 63-6.
Arizona State was penalized nearly eight times a game last season for roughly 80 yards on average, negating the talent that Dennis Erickson acquired. In one game under Graham, albeit against a vastly inferior Northern Arizona counterpart, the Sun Devils stood upright. Forget the 63-6 final score, Graham must've been more pleased with 30-4 -- that is, just 30 yards on four penalties.
The 30 penalty yards for ASU was the lowest total since the Sun Devils had 27 in a 20-17 win over Arizona on December 1, 2007 -- a span of 51 games.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du