ASU enjoys 'best Thursday' practice
September 6, 2012: Sun Devils ready for Illinois
ASU held its final practice ahead of Saturday's game against Illinois. Head coach Todd Graham called it "our best Thursday".
Graham is interested in seeing how his team responds to having less time to prepare for an opponent. "We're a lot better preparing than we were last week," he said.
He's also interested to see how his team reacts to difficult game situations. "We faced no adversity last week. We'll face adversity this week."
Graham was asked about the uncertainty of Illinois QB Nathan Scheelhaase, who suffered an ankle injury in last week's win over Western Michigan. "There's no uncertainty on my part," Graham said. "That's just stuff that you guys write about. The guy is going to play."
LB Brandon Magee "got a little dinged" in practice and was held out as a precaution.
DL Mike Pennel will serve a one-game suspension for "not meeting our standards. We'll have him back next week," Graham said.
Pennel didn't offer specifics on the violation, but did own up to it on Twitter:
I want to apologies to the sundevil fans and my family for letting them down this week. I will be back next week and this won't happen again— Michael Pennel Jr (@wrathofthebeast) September 5, 2012
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du