Graham: Sun Devils prepared for first road game
This weekend will give ASU a true test against a game opponent and give the fans a glimpse of what their team can really do.
Playing on the road for the first time since hiring Todd Graham, ASU heads to the SEC to face the Missouri Tigers.
"We're excited to [go on the road]," said Graham. "My whole deal is that we're a new team and this is the first time for us to go on a business trip. Our mission is to go and figure out a way to win."
Facing an SEC defense in enemy territory will present a new challenge for this young Sun Devil squad. If they want to prove that their offense is really as good as they've appeared to be, putting on a good show against an SEC defense on the road is the perfect way to do it.
"They know it's going to be different a different environment. It's going to be a different surrounding than at home," said Graham. "That's where your mental maturity has to come out. They're might be adverse things. We're on the road in the SEC with SEC officials and all that stuff."
Graham went on to say that even though his team will be playing in a hostile environment, they will not let all the outside distractions keep them from performing their game plan to best of their abilities.
"We're going to worry about the things we can control and that's sun devil football," said Graham. "That's hard edge, tough, disciple and with class. I feel "the only team that can beat this team is this team and we're very capable of doing that so we got to make sure we guard against it."
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.