Sun Devils may face another backup QB
They may catch yet another break this week when it comes to an opponent and their starting QB.
Reports out of Missouri are saying the Tigers may be without starting quarterback James Franklin Saturday due to a shoulder injury. According to KOMU-TV sports reporter Ashley Zavala, the plan appears to be to go with backup Corbin Berkstresser, a redshirt freshman.
In response to rumors, Mizzou source tells me Missouri plans on starting Corbin Berkstresser at QB tomorrow vs. ASU, Franklin questionable.— Ashley Zavala (@ZavalaA) September 14, 2012
Franklin, a junior, has thrown for 400 yards and three touchdowns this season. He completed 26-of-42 passes for 319 yards and two touchdowns against the Sun Devils last season.
Should Franklin indeed miss the game he will be replaced by Berkstresser, who has appeared in two collegiate games, completing all five of his passes for 60 yards and one touchdown in a win over Southeastern Louisiana and running once for two yards in last week's loss to Georgia.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works