Updated Oct 1, 2012 - 1:41 pm
ASU's Will Sutton named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
Sutton tied his career high with eight tackles, registered three sacks and a forced a fumble during ASU's first win in Berkeley since 1997.
For the season, Sutton has 34 total tackles (21 solo) and a team-high 10 tackles for loss. Arizona State ranks second in the nation with 49 tackles for loss through their first five games. Only Tulsa (53.0) has more than ASU.
Sutton's award marks the 81st player of the week selection for an Arizona State football player and the first this season.
The Sun Devils (4-1) have this week off and return to the gridiron Thursday October 11 when they take on the Colorado Buffaloes in Boulder.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition