Updated Oct 1, 2012 - 1:41 pm
ASU's Will Sutton named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
Sutton tied his career high with eight tackles, registered three sacks and a forced a fumble during ASU's first win in Berkeley since 1997.
For the season, Sutton has 34 total tackles (21 solo) and a team-high 10 tackles for loss. Arizona State ranks second in the nation with 49 tackles for loss through their first five games. Only Tulsa (53.0) has more than ASU.
Sutton's award marks the 81st player of the week selection for an Arizona State football player and the first this season.
The Sun Devils (4-1) have this week off and return to the gridiron Thursday October 11 when they take on the Colorado Buffaloes in Boulder.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?