Updated Oct 1, 2012 - 1:41 pm
ASU's Will Sutton named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
Sutton tied his career high with eight tackles, registered three sacks and a forced a fumble during ASU's first win in Berkeley since 1997.
For the season, Sutton has 34 total tackles (21 solo) and a team-high 10 tackles for loss. Arizona State ranks second in the nation with 49 tackles for loss through their first five games. Only Tulsa (53.0) has more than ASU.
Sutton's award marks the 81st player of the week selection for an Arizona State football player and the first this season.
The Sun Devils (4-1) have this week off and return to the gridiron Thursday October 11 when they take on the Colorado Buffaloes in Boulder.
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.