Despite bye, Sun Devils making ground in AP poll
Off to a 4-1 start behind a balanced offensive attack led by quarterback Taylor Kelly and running back Cameron Marshall, ASU has navigated the early portion of their 2012 season with relative ease.
And because of it, the Sun Devils have slowly climbed up the rankings.
Although not one of the four Pac-12 squads -- Oregon, Oregon State, USC and Stanford -- to make it into this week's AP Top 25, the Sun Devils received a season-high 39 votes. Only five teams outside the Top 25 received more.
ASU is coming off its first win at Cal since 1997 and faces a lesser foe in Colorado on the road this weekend. After their contest with the Buffaloes, the Sun Devils will have their best chance to crack the AP poll, when they host No. 2 Oregon for a nationally-televised showdown on Oct. 18.
Graham's team is just out of the Coaches Poll, coming in at #26, and receiving 61 total points.
The Sun Devils reached as high as No. 18 in the poll last season, but finished 2011 winners of just one out of their last six games.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.