Former voice of TV's Elmo sued in NY for 5th time
NEW YORK (AP) - A puppeteer who was the voice of Elmo on "Sesame Street" is being sued for the fifth time, accused of sexually abusing a teenage boy.
In a federal lawsuit filed in New York on Tuesday, 25-year-old Kevin Kiadii says he was 16 when he met Kevin Clash during an online chat.
Kiadii attorney Jeff Herman says Clash sent a limousine to pick up the teen in Brooklyn and take him to his Manhattan apartment for sex.
Herman represents four other people who filed similar lawsuits. He acknowledges his clients were compliant but says the 52-year-old puppeteer took advantage of them by playing father to them.
Clash resigned from "Sesame Street" in November. He has denied any wrongdoing. His lawyer hasn't responded to a call for comment on the latest lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.