Updated Nov 18, 2012 - 9:45 am
Taylor Kelly has record-breaking day vs. WSU
Coming into their clash with the Cougars, the Sun Devils were mired in a four-game losing streak and all signs pointed to a similar collapse as the 2011 season produced.
While WSU's defense hasn't exactly invoked fear into any opponent this season, Taylor Kelly and Co. did what they were supposed to do -- beat a lesser foe.
Following sluggish performances against Oregon, Oregon State and USC, questions lingered as to whether Kelly should be the program's main quarterback option moving forward.
For at least one day, he answered that question.
The sophomore threw for 236 yards and four touchdowns, but neither of those stats were his most impressive on the day. From the 8:27 mark of the first quarter until the 3:13 mark of the third quarter, the Idaho native completed a school-record 18 consecutive passes.
Kelly shattered a 60-year record that was previously set by Dick Mackey against S.D. Navy back in 1952. Mackey completed 13 in a row to set his record mark.
Due to his phenomenal performance against the Cougars, Kelly is also in line to break the school's all-time completion percentage for a single season. Kelly has completed 66.8 percent of his passes in 2012. Brock Osweiler actually set the school record last season with a 61.8 completion percentage (326-of-516).
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.