Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 3:26 pm
Brandon Magee named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
Magee recorded a career-high 17 tackle (14 solo), including three for loss, in the Sun Devils' thrilling victory.
The senior from Corona, California sat out all of last season due to a torn Achilles tendon, but this year has been the anchor for the Arizona State defense.
His 104 tackles rank second in the Pac-12 this season and are the most by any Sun Devil since 2007.
A two sport athlete, Magee was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in 23rd round of the 2012 MLB draft.
Magee and the Sun Devils finished the year 7-5 and now await an invitation to a bowl game.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.