ASU's Pac-12 opponents for 2013 announced
The Pac-10 played a schedule of nine conference games, meaning every team would play every other team in the conference every year.
But since Colorado and Utah were added to form the Pac-12 prior to the 2011 season, and with a nine-game conference schedule still in play, every team misses two teams from the other division.
The schedule pairings for 2013 have been announced for all 12 conference teams, and here's how it shakes out for the Arizona State Sun Devils:
Home opponents: Arizona, Colorado, Oregon State, USC, Washington
Road opponents: Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Washington State
ASU will not play Oregon or California in 2013
That's right -- the Sun Devils avoid playing Oregon, which is a huge advantage considering Oregon's status as a powerhouse over the last decade. The only other team in the South to miss Oregon is USC.
Arizona State's schedule will also feature non-conference home games against Sacramento State and Wisconsin and a neutral site contest against Notre Dame at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Check out the rest of the Pac-12 pairings here.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works