ASU's Pac-12 opponents for 2013 announced
The Pac-10 played a schedule of nine conference games, meaning every team would play every other team in the conference every year.
But since Colorado and Utah were added to form the Pac-12 prior to the 2011 season, and with a nine-game conference schedule still in play, every team misses two teams from the other division.
The schedule pairings for 2013 have been announced for all 12 conference teams, and here's how it shakes out for the Arizona State Sun Devils:
Home opponents: Arizona, Colorado, Oregon State, USC, Washington
Road opponents: Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Washington State
ASU will not play Oregon or California in 2013
That's right -- the Sun Devils avoid playing Oregon, which is a huge advantage considering Oregon's status as a powerhouse over the last decade. The only other team in the South to miss Oregon is USC.
Arizona State's schedule will also feature non-conference home games against Sacramento State and Wisconsin and a neutral site contest against Notre Dame at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Check out the rest of the Pac-12 pairings here.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.