Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 9:08 am
ASU's Will Sutton named AFCA 2012 All-American
Sutton, who earlier this week was named the Pac-12's Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and a First Team All-Conference selection, was one of only two Pac-12 defensive players on the AFCA team, joining Oregon State cornerback Jordan Poyer.
The 6-foot-1, 267-pound Sutton ranked fifth in the nation in tackles for loss per game (1.82) and 12th in sacks per game (.95). He was the main cog in a Sun Devil defense that ranked second in the nation in tackles for loss per game (8.83).
Sutton is the 11th Arizona State player to earn AFCA All-America honors, and is the first since defensive end Terrell Suggs in 2002. He's only the third ASU defensive lineman to have the honor bestowed upon him, joining Suggs and Al Harris (1978).
See the entire 2012 AFCA FBS All-America Team here.
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?