Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 9:08 am
ASU's Will Sutton named AFCA 2012 All-American
Sutton, who earlier this week was named the Pac-12's Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and a First Team All-Conference selection, was one of only two Pac-12 defensive players on the AFCA team, joining Oregon State cornerback Jordan Poyer.
The 6-foot-1, 267-pound Sutton ranked fifth in the nation in tackles for loss per game (1.82) and 12th in sacks per game (.95). He was the main cog in a Sun Devil defense that ranked second in the nation in tackles for loss per game (8.83).
Sutton is the 11th Arizona State player to earn AFCA All-America honors, and is the first since defensive end Terrell Suggs in 2002. He's only the third ASU defensive lineman to have the honor bestowed upon him, joining Suggs and Al Harris (1978).
See the entire 2012 AFCA FBS All-America Team here.
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.