Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 3:24 pm
Magee on ASU: 'We need to get back on top where we belong'
But Magee told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday it didn't take long for Graham to win him over.
"He said he was committed to the seniors, he is going to play all the best guys, he is going to have discipline in his team, only character guys are going to play, the people that don't show up to class or practice hard are not going to be a part of this team," Magee said. "The key points he made to me the first time we had a conversation, I followed him right after that."
Now preparing for his final game in a Sun Devil uniform, Magee is pleased with the direction Graham is taking the program.
"From Todd Graham all the way down to the assistant coaches, (they) are outstanding guys. They teach character, discipline, all the right things you need at college, especially at a program like Arizona State," Magee said. "We need to get back on top where we belong."
A key for ASU to "get back on top" will be recruiting players from California.
Magee, who went to high school in Corona, California, feels recruiting from the state shouldn't be a problem for Graham.
"If I were Todd Graham, I would go back to the great players from California that we had here, and show them how good they did and show them where they are today," Magee said. "Show them that California players succeed out here."
He also suggested letting players like him and high school teammate Will Sutton talk to players about what it is like to live in the Valley.
Magee, Sutton and the Sun Devils return to action December 29 when they take on Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.