Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 11:42 am
ASU's Foster and Hood named freshman All-Americans
Foster was selected to the first team as an all-purpose player, while Hood was selected to the second team as a defensive lineman.
Coming into the 2012 season as one of the most highly-rated recruits to sign with ASU in recent memory, Foster made an immediate impact on a Sun Devil squad in desperate need of a playmaker.
Storming out of the gate with 99 all-purpose yards and one touchdown in his first regular season game, the 5-foot-11, 183-pound running back proved to be one ASU's most versatile player.
Foster ended the regular season as ASU's third-leading rusher and second-leading receiver and showed the future looks bright for the Sun Devil offense.
On the other side of the ball, Hood became one of just six true freshmen in Arizona State history to start in their first college game. The 6-foot, 295-pound defensive lineman recorded his first sack against Missouri and had a career best five total tackles and one sack in ASU's loss to Oregon State.
Starting every game this season, Hood made his presence known on a defensive unit ranked second in the Pac-12 in total defense. Lining up alongside All-American standout Will Sutton, Hood ended the season with 23 total tackles, four off which were for a loss, and three sacks.
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.