Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 11:42 am
ASU's Foster and Hood named freshman All-Americans
Foster was selected to the first team as an all-purpose player, while Hood was selected to the second team as a defensive lineman.
Coming into the 2012 season as one of the most highly-rated recruits to sign with ASU in recent memory, Foster made an immediate impact on a Sun Devil squad in desperate need of a playmaker.
Storming out of the gate with 99 all-purpose yards and one touchdown in his first regular season game, the 5-foot-11, 183-pound running back proved to be one ASU's most versatile player.
Foster ended the regular season as ASU's third-leading rusher and second-leading receiver and showed the future looks bright for the Sun Devil offense.
On the other side of the ball, Hood became one of just six true freshmen in Arizona State history to start in their first college game. The 6-foot, 295-pound defensive lineman recorded his first sack against Missouri and had a career best five total tackles and one sack in ASU's loss to Oregon State.
Starting every game this season, Hood made his presence known on a defensive unit ranked second in the Pac-12 in total defense. Lining up alongside All-American standout Will Sutton, Hood ended the season with 23 total tackles, four off which were for a loss, and three sacks.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was