Updated Dec 11, 2012 - 1:59 pm
ASU's Will Sutton named AP All-American
Sutton ranked fifth in the nation in tackles for loss and 13th in sacks during a season in which he was named the Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year.
The Corona, California product has also been named to All-American teams by Sporting News, the American Football Coaches Association, the Walter Camp Football Foundation, CBS Sports, Lindy's, Athlon Sports and Scout.com.
"That recognition, Will would be the first one to tell you, is a reflection of his teammates and the commitment they've made to be good," Arizona State head coach Todd Graham said Tuesday. "I'm really proud of him and I'm proud of our guys and we're awful proud to have a consensus All-American, the player of the year in the conference, that means we're doing some good things defensively, for sure."
He is the 18th consensus All-American in Arizona State history and the first since kicker Thomas Weber in 2007.
Sutton and the Sun Devils will play Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco December 29.
- ESPN's Mark May: Stanford QB Hogan key to Pac-12 Championship Game
- ASU's Foster has 'a different look in his eye' as role increases
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Week 7
- The Pulse: Fans say ASU's win over UCLA most impressive of the season
- Arizona State's Randall, Gonzalez named Pac-12 Players of the Week
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Tuesday December 3Mandel discusses USC's coaching hire and the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Rece Davis, ESPN college football host - Tuesday December 3Rece Davis previews the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship game.
- Herb Sendek, Arizona State men's basketball coach - Tuesday December 3Sendek discusses ASU trying to rebound from dropping two of its last three.