Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 10:37 am
Report: Christian Westerman planning transfer to ASU
Westerman, a product of Hamilton High School in Chandler, chose Auburn after a heavy recruitment from schools like Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama and Florida.
The 6-foot-5, 298-pounder redshirted in 2011, and played sparingly this season, appearing in three games and starting one. He had been bothered by an ankle injury as well.
Westerman was rated the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the nation out of high school by Rivals.com and second by ESPN.
The ASUDevils.com report states that as of Thursday morning, ASU has not received a scholarship release for Westerman from Auburn.
- Arizona State 60 minutes from punching ticket to first Rose Bowl in 17 years
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'We've got to take it' from Stanford
- Less than 5,000 tickets remain for Pac-12 Championship Game
- ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
- ASU Associate AD Rocky Harris: ‘Haven't seen this kind of excitement since 1996'
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Football Color Analyst - Friday December 6Is this the biggest game in ASU football history?
- Rocky Harris, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6What will be the economic impact of ASU's success?
- Todd Graham, Head Coach ASU Football - Friday December 6Todd Graham talks to Doug and Wolf about the Pac-12 Championship Game.
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel