Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 10:37 am
Report: Christian Westerman planning transfer to ASU
Westerman, a product of Hamilton High School in Chandler, chose Auburn after a heavy recruitment from schools like Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama and Florida.
The 6-foot-5, 298-pounder redshirted in 2011, and played sparingly this season, appearing in three games and starting one. He had been bothered by an ankle injury as well.
Westerman was rated the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the nation out of high school by Rivals.com and second by ESPN.
The ASUDevils.com report states that as of Thursday morning, ASU has not received a scholarship release for Westerman from Auburn.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.