Sally Struthers' drunk driving charge dropped
ALFRED, Maine (AP) - Maine prosecutors have dropped a drunk-driving charge against actress Sally Struthers under an agreement in which she pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.
Struthers didn't have to appear in court in Alfred last week when her plea was entered to a charge of driving to endanger. The Portland Press Herald ( http://bit.ly/1fCN6go) reports she was ordered to pay $1,210 in fines and fees, and her driver's license was suspended for a month.
The 66-year-old Struthers is best known for her role as Gloria Stivic in the 1970s TV sitcom "All in the Family."
Police arrested her on Sept. 12, 2012, in the resort town of Ogunquit (oh-GUHNG'-kwit), where she was performing at the Ogunquit Playhouse in the musical "9 to 5."
Struthers' attorney didn't immediately return a phone message Thursday.
Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?