Updated Jan 16, 2013 - 3:33 pm
Carson excited for first taste of UA rivalry
For most teams, the rivalry game becomes the thought in the back of their mind as it steadily approaches.
ASU freshman guard Jahii Carson has eyed the Sun Devils' game on January 19 before he even stepped on the court at Wells Fargo Arena.
"I'm excited, chomping at the bit," Carson said about his first match-up with Arizona on Saturday. "That's one of the games that you look forward to as a kid growing up wanting to play college basketball is the rival."
Like many college athletic programs, playing the rival becomes the biggest game of the year, and Carson doesn't see it as anything less.
"If you're a guy that wants to go to Duke, you dream about (North) Carolina, Michigan you dream about Michigan State, and Arizona (vs.) Arizona State is one of the games I've been looking forward to since the season started," Carson said.
Carson said his mindset will be key to help the Sun Devils take down the No. 7 team in the country.
"I just got to go in there just thinking it's a regular game," Carson said. "If I think about it in a positive state, just thinking about it as a must-win, and not that it's UA that we're playing against, I think I'll maintain my focus."
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.