Fox News signs Karl Rove for 4 more years
NEW YORK (AP) - Karl Rove enlivened Fox News Channel's election coverage last year by questioning the network's declaration that Barack Obama had been re-elected. It hasn't affected Fox's desire to keep him on the air.
The network announced Thursday that it had signed Rove to a new contract as a contributor. The deal runs through the 2016 election.
Rove was once President George W. Bush's political right-hand man and the force behind a powerful political action committee that sought to oust Obama. He caused a stir with his election night doubts, which led anchor Megyn Kelly to interview Fox's own election experts on the air to defend their call.
Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes says Rove's detailed knowledge of politics, fundraising and strategy make him an important player in Fox's coverage.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!