Fox News signs Karl Rove for 4 more years
NEW YORK (AP) - Karl Rove enlivened Fox News Channel's election coverage last year by questioning the network's declaration that Barack Obama had been re-elected. It hasn't affected Fox's desire to keep him on the air.
The network announced Thursday that it had signed Rove to a new contract as a contributor. The deal runs through the 2016 election.
Rove was once President George W. Bush's political right-hand man and the force behind a powerful political action committee that sought to oust Obama. He caused a stir with his election night doubts, which led anchor Megyn Kelly to interview Fox's own election experts on the air to defend their call.
Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes says Rove's detailed knowledge of politics, fundraising and strategy make him an important player in Fox's coverage.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.