2 TV projects target small NY town Sleepy Hollow
NEW YORK (AP) - The quiet suburban New York village Sleepy Hollow is a hot topic among television creators.
The Fox network said Thursday it has given the go-ahead to make a pilot episode of the supernatural drama "Sleepy Hollow," based on Washington Irving's much-read short story about a ghostly Headless Horseman who rides through the village in search of his head. The show is created by the producers who made the just-ended series "Fringe."
A pilot is a prospective first episode of a series being considered.
The CW network has its own script about a Sleepy Hollow show that's in development. But the network says no pilot has been ordered.
Sleepy Hollow sits along the Hudson River about 25 miles north of Manhattan. A 1999 "Sleepy Hollow" movie starred Johnny Depp as Ichabod Crane.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.