Months later, Sarah Palin back as Fox News analyst
NEW YORK (AP) - Sarah Palin is rejoining Fox News Channel as an analyst less than half a year after they decided to part ways.
The former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate has signed on as a contributor to Fox and the Fox Business Network, it was announced on Thursday. Her first appearance back will be Monday on the morning show "Fox & Friends."
Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes said he's had several conversations with Palin over the past few weeks about her returning.
"I have great confidence in her and am pleased that she will once again add her commentary to our programming," Ailes said. "I hope she continues to speak her mind."
Palin said that "the power of Fox News is unparalleled. The role of Fox News in the important debates in our world is indispensable."
Palin joined Fox with great fanfare in 2010, when she was being talked about as a 2012 presidential contender. She signed for a reported $1 million a year; terms of her new contract were not disclosed, but it is unlikely to be that lucrative.
There were signs of some tension in Fox's relationship with Palin and questions about how she prepared for many of her segments. Palin announced she would not be a candidate in 2012 on a conservative radio show, which didn't please the television network paying her to be a contributor. Palin was overshadowed at Fox during the 2012 campaign by analyst Karl Rove.
But Fox stayed publicly positive when her departure was announced in January, with network executive Bill Shine saying that "we have thoroughly enjoyed our association" with her.
For the second time in a year, Palin will be used as ammunition in a television morning show competition. Her return on Monday is an attention-getting event that will come during the time slot that CNN is debuting its new morning show.
Last year, Palin was a one-day guest host on NBC's "Today" show when it was locked in a fierce ratings struggle with ABC's "Good Morning America," and that appearance enabled NBC to win that week in the ratings.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!