Amy Poehler working on 'non-linear' book
NEW YORK (AP) - Tina Fey had a million seller with a book of essays called "Bossypants." Amy Poehler? She has a deal for a book which appears to be a little bit of everything.
The star of "Parks and Recreation" and former "Saturday Night Live" performer has an agreement with It Books for an "illustrated, non-linear diary." It Books, a pop culture imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, announced Monday that the book is currently untitled and scheduled for 2014. Financial terms were not disclosed.
"Her original twist on the conventional memoir will have universal appeal," according to It Books. "An illustrated, non-linear diary full of humor and honesty and brimming with true stories, fictional anecdotes and life lessons, the book will be a unique and engaging experience from one of today's most talented and beloved stars."
It's the first book for Poehler, who recently co-hosted the Golden Globes ceremony with Fey, her longtime friend and professional collaborator. Poehler will be edited by It Books' Carrie Thornton, who said in a statement that after first talking to Poehler she was "blown away by her creativity and her passion."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.