CNN executive Mark Whitaker quitting
NEW YORK (AP) - With Jeff Zucker taking over at CNN, the network's managing editor says he is quitting.
Mark Whitaker is a former Newsweek editor who also worked at NBC. He said in a memo to the staff Tuesday that with a new leader who has his own "forceful ideas," he thought it best to step aside.
CNN says Zucker will take over Whitaker's role overseeing the editorial content of CNN. There will not be a new managing editor.
Whitaker joined CNN in 2011 as executive vice president and managing editor, responsible for editorial content. Prior to that, he was the Washington bureau chief for NBC News.
He says he is proud of efforts to expand CNN's programming, including upcoming weekend shows with Morgan Spurlock and Anthony Bourdain.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!