'NCIS' renewed for next year as Mark Harmon re-ups
NEW YORK (AP) - Fans of "NCIS" can breathe easy. Mark Harmon will be sticking around, and his hit CBS drama is returning next season.
The network announced Harmon's one-year contract extension on Friday along with the renewal of a show that just keeps getting bigger.
Now in its 10th season, "NCIS" for the first time ranks as TV's most-watched program, CBS said, outpacing even NBC's "Sunday Night Football." "NCIS" logs an average 21.5 million viewers each week, up 7 percent over last year.
Harmon stars as Special Agent Jethro Gibbs, who heads up a team that investigates crimes involving U.S. Navy and Marine Corps personnel. The cast also includes Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll and David McCallum.
"NCIS" premiered in Fall 2003.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.