'NCIS' renewed for next year as Mark Harmon re-ups
NEW YORK (AP) - Fans of "NCIS" can breathe easy. Mark Harmon will be sticking around, and his hit CBS drama is returning next season.
The network announced Harmon's one-year contract extension on Friday along with the renewal of a show that just keeps getting bigger.
Now in its 10th season, "NCIS" for the first time ranks as TV's most-watched program, CBS said, outpacing even NBC's "Sunday Night Football." "NCIS" logs an average 21.5 million viewers each week, up 7 percent over last year.
Harmon stars as Special Agent Jethro Gibbs, who heads up a team that investigates crimes involving U.S. Navy and Marine Corps personnel. The cast also includes Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, Rocky Carroll and David McCallum.
"NCIS" premiered in Fall 2003.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.