Former ASU TE Tyrice Thompson dies from stab wounds
Thompson, 27, was working as a bouncer at Martini Ranch in Scottsdale and was stabbed five times in the back, hip and arm after an altercation that started inside the establishment was moved outside. Thompson was transported to Scottsdale Health Care-Osborn.
Scottsdale Police arrested 26-year-old Ian MacDonald of Tempe after review of video surveillance gave them probable cause that he stabbed Thompson.
The South Mountain High School graduate started his Sun Devil career as a walk-on in 2004 and played in 46 games during his ASU career. As a senior in 2007, he caught 15 passes for 272 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown came in his last home game at Sun Devil Stadium against Arizona in a game ASU won, 20-17.
In August of 2008, Thompson signed as an undrafted free agent with the Indianapolis Colts but was later waived.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.