Updated Feb 2, 2013 - 7:01 pm
Former ASU TE Tyrice Thompson dies from stab wounds
Thompson, 27, was working as a bouncer at Martini Ranch in Scottsdale and was stabbed five times in the back, hip and arm after an altercation that started inside the establishment was moved outside. Thompson was transported to Scottsdale Health Care-Osborn.
Scottsdale Police arrested 26-year-old Ian MacDonald of Tempe after review of video surveillance gave them probable cause that he stabbed Thompson.
The South Mountain High School graduate started his Sun Devil career as a walk-on in 2004 and played in 46 games during his ASU career. As a senior in 2007, he caught 15 passes for 272 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown came in his last home game at Sun Devil Stadium against Arizona in a game ASU won, 20-17.
In August of 2008, Thompson signed as an undrafted free agent with the Indianapolis Colts but was later waived.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.