Updated Feb 2, 2013 - 7:01 pm
Former ASU TE Tyrice Thompson dies from stab wounds
Thompson, 27, was working as a bouncer at Martini Ranch in Scottsdale and was stabbed five times in the back, hip and arm after an altercation that started inside the establishment was moved outside. Thompson was transported to Scottsdale Health Care-Osborn.
Scottsdale Police arrested 26-year-old Ian MacDonald of Tempe after review of video surveillance gave them probable cause that he stabbed Thompson.
The South Mountain High School graduate started his Sun Devil career as a walk-on in 2004 and played in 46 games during his ASU career. As a senior in 2007, he caught 15 passes for 272 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown came in his last home game at Sun Devil Stadium against Arizona in a game ASU won, 20-17.
In August of 2008, Thompson signed as an undrafted free agent with the Indianapolis Colts but was later waived.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.