Former Sun Devil Curley Culp elected to Hall of Fame
Former ASU two-sport star Curley Culp was elected into the 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame class on Saturday.
The five-time NFL Pro Bowler played for the Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Oilers and Detroit Lions over his esteemed 14-year professional career. He started at defensive tackle for the Chiefs in their Super Bowl IV victory over the Vikings. He was also an integral part of the Chiefs defensive line for six-plus seasons.
The Yuma native had 68 sacks, 14 forced fumbles and 10 fumble recoveries in his career. He was one of the fastest defensive lineman in the NFL during his time in the league.
Culp, a Sun Devil Ring of Honor inductee, was an All-American defensive lineman in 1967. He also won the NCAA national championship as a heavyweight wrestler the same year for the Devils. He played for ASU from 1965-1967 and was a charter inductee into the Arizona State Hall of Fame in 1975.
He was one of two senior committee nominees for election into the NFL Hall of Fame this year.
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.