Former Sun Devil Curley Culp elected to Hall of Fame
Former ASU two-sport star Curley Culp was elected into the 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame class on Saturday.
The five-time NFL Pro Bowler played for the Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Oilers and Detroit Lions over his esteemed 14-year professional career. He started at defensive tackle for the Chiefs in their Super Bowl IV victory over the Vikings. He was also an integral part of the Chiefs defensive line for six-plus seasons.
The Yuma native had 68 sacks, 14 forced fumbles and 10 fumble recoveries in his career. He was one of the fastest defensive lineman in the NFL during his time in the league.
Culp, a Sun Devil Ring of Honor inductee, was an All-American defensive lineman in 1967. He also won the NCAA national championship as a heavyweight wrestler the same year for the Devils. He played for ASU from 1965-1967 and was a charter inductee into the Arizona State Hall of Fame in 1975.
He was one of two senior committee nominees for election into the NFL Hall of Fame this year.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.