Director plans movie related to Newtown shooting
RIDGEFIELD, Conn. (AP) - A director says he's traveling to Connecticut to prepare for a TV movie related to the Newtown school shooting.
Jonathan Bucari told News 12 Connecticut he planned to visit Ridgefield on Monday.
Ridgefield is 20 miles southwest of Newtown, where a gunman fatally shot 20 first-graders, six educators and himself in December.
WVIT-TV reports Bucari's film company says the film focuses on a 13-year-old boy with mental illness and a fear of his parents after the shooting.
Bucari says he picked Ridgefield because it looks like Newtown and he didn't want to upset Newtown residents so soon after the killings.
Ridgefield schools superintendent Deborah Low says the timing is "poor."
Bucari's Internet Movie Database page lists one completed directorial project, a TV pilot called "The Sacrificial Lamb." He has no listed telephone number and hasn't responded to online messages.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.