Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 3:45 pm
ASU coach Sendek: Jahii Carson is improving
Carson, who was forced to sit last season out due to eligibility issues, is averaging 18.3 points, 5.3 assists and 3.2 rebounds per game for the surprising Sun Devils.
And, according to his coach, he's actually getting better.
"I think he continues to improve each and every day," ASU coach Herb Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "I think he's in a great place with his confidence right now."
Sendek pointed to Carson taking fewer "difficult shots" at the basket and cutting down on turnovers as signs he's elevated his play.
"He played against a pressure-oriented defense at Washington, played almost the entire game with one turnover," he said. "If you go back to some of our non-conference games that's a dramatic improvement."
Carson turned the ball over 52 times in 13 non-conference games but has committed just 19 in nine Pac-12 contests.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.