Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 1:06 pm
Robert De Niro gets emotional on Katie Couric's talk show
De Niro was sitting reserved while "Silver Linings Playbook" co-star Bradley Cooper and directer David O. Russell discussed the challenges bipolar disorder played on and off the set. Russell's son, who suffers from bipolar disorder, was his inspiration to create the film.
De Niro has four sons of his own, and when asked how he related to the film, he started to choked up.
"I don't like to get emotional, but I know exactly what [Russell] goes through," said De Niro.
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?