Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 1:06 pm
Robert De Niro gets emotional on Katie Couric's talk show
De Niro was sitting reserved while "Silver Linings Playbook" co-star Bradley Cooper and directer David O. Russell discussed the challenges bipolar disorder played on and off the set. Russell's son, who suffers from bipolar disorder, was his inspiration to create the film.
De Niro has four sons of his own, and when asked how he related to the film, he started to choked up.
"I don't like to get emotional, but I know exactly what [Russell] goes through," said De Niro.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.