Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 1:06 pm
Robert De Niro gets emotional on Katie Couric's talk show
De Niro was sitting reserved while "Silver Linings Playbook" co-star Bradley Cooper and directer David O. Russell discussed the challenges bipolar disorder played on and off the set. Russell's son, who suffers from bipolar disorder, was his inspiration to create the film.
De Niro has four sons of his own, and when asked how he related to the film, he started to choked up.
"I don't like to get emotional, but I know exactly what [Russell] goes through," said De Niro.
- Report: Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.