Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 1:06 pm
Robert De Niro gets emotional on Katie Couric's talk show
De Niro was sitting reserved while "Silver Linings Playbook" co-star Bradley Cooper and directer David O. Russell discussed the challenges bipolar disorder played on and off the set. Russell's son, who suffers from bipolar disorder, was his inspiration to create the film.
De Niro has four sons of his own, and when asked how he related to the film, he started to choked up.
"I don't like to get emotional, but I know exactly what [Russell] goes through," said De Niro.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.