Ex-Mass. US Sen. Brown talking to Fox about job
BOSTON (AP) - Former Massachusetts U.S. Sen. Scott Brown is in talks with Fox News about a possible job as a contributor.
A spokeswoman for the network confirms the discussions, first reported Wednesday by Politico.
The talks come a week after Brown announced he wouldn't run a third time for the Senate. A spokesman for the Republican hasn't returned a message seeking comment.
Brown lost to Democrat Elizabeth Warren last year and is quickly building a post-Senate life. He has joined the board of directors of Westford-based paper company Kadant (KAY'-duhnt) Inc.
Kadant president Jonathan Painter says the company welcomes the chance to draw on Brown's "wealth of experience." Brown says he looks forward to "contributing to the future direction" of the company.
Brown announced last week he won't seek Secretary of State John Kerry's former Senate seat.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.