Updated Feb 7, 2013 - 1:57 pm
Three ASU seniors invited to NFL combine
Linebacker Brandon Magee, safety Keelan Johnson and punter Josh Hubner will be in attendance at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind. from Feb. 20 through Feb. 26, 2013.
About 335 prospects are invited each year to showcase their physical talents and attributes in front of NFL coaches, general managers and scouts.
Magee, a linebacker, posted 113 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his final year as a Sun Devil and is one of 35 players invited to the combine at his position. Magee was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in last year's MLB first-year-player draft.
Johnson, a safety, recorded 66 solo tackles and led ASU with 5 interceptions in his senior campaign. He will be one of 60 defensive backs heading to Indianapolis.
Hubner, who is one of the best punters in the nation, averaged 47.1 yards in 52 punt attempts this season; he will be joining 12 other punters at Lucas Oil Stadium.
At the combine prospects will undergo a series of rigorous physical and mental tests including the 40-yard dash, bench press (225 lb. repetitions), vertical jump, 20 and 60-yard shuttle, position specific drills and the Wonderlic test. They will also be subject to interviews, physical measurements, injury evaluations and drug screenings.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.