Judge cuts short ex-La. gov.'s court supervision
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - A federal judge has agreed to cut short former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' court supervision following his release from prison.
Edwards was sentenced to three years of supervised release. His supervision lasted about 18 months before U.S. District Judge Brian Jackson agreed Wednesday to end it early.
Edwards served eight years in federal prison and six months of home detention after he was convicted in 2000 for his role in a riverboat casino licensing scandal.
Jackson said Edwards fully complied with all of the terms of his supervision. Prosecutors and probation officials didn't object to Edwards' request for it to end early.
A reality television show about the 85-year-old Edwards and his third wife, 34-year-old Trina Scott Edwards, is scheduled to debut sometime on A&E.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.