Comcast's revenue from different sources
(AP) - Comcast Corp. had $15.9 billion in revenue in the October-to-December quarter. Here's how this breaks down among different sources, such as cable TV and the broadcast network.
The figures reflect all of NBCUniversal's revenue, even though Comcast owns only 51 percent of the joint venture. It gets only 51 percent of the profits, but books all of the revenue because it has majority control. Comcast expects to take full ownership after a deal to buy the remaining stake from General Electric Co. closes.
Cable TV, 63 percent of total revenue, consisting of:
_ TV, 32 percent of total revenue
_ Broadband, 15 percent of total revenue
_ Phone service, 6 percent of total revenue
_ Advertising, 4 percent of total revenue
_ Business services, 4 percent of total revenue
_ Other, 3 percent of total revenue
NBCUniversal, 37 percent of total revenue, consisting of:
_ Cable networks, including Bravo, CNBC and SyFy, 14 percent of total revenue
_ Broadcast TV, including NBC and Telemundo networks and local stations, 12 percent of total revenue
_ Movies, through Universal Pictures studio, 9 percent of total revenue
_ Theme parks, 3 percent of total revenue
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.