First lady to launch 'Let's Move' tour in 3 states
WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama is launching a three-state tour to promote her anti-childhood obesity program, "Let's Move."
Mrs. Obama will make stops next week in Mississippi, Illinois and Missouri. The tour is tied to the third anniversary of the "Let's Move" program.
The White House says the first lady will highlight the program's impact on making school lunches healthier and getting companies like Wal-Mart to make healthier food more affordable. She is also expected to announce new steps for bringing physical activity back to schools.
Ahead of her tour, Mrs. Obama will promote her initiatives in a series of interviews, including a segment on NBC's "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" and ABC's "Good Morning America."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!